[comp.sys.apollo] Third Party Disk/Memory

obrennan@CC3.CC.UMR.EDU (obrennan) (11/16/90)

I am looking for addresses for Apollo third-party vendors for disk
and memory (DNxxxxx's, PRISM, and 400 series). Anyone have a list of
addresses? Any info would be appreciated.

Gerry O'Brennan
Programmer/Analyst II
Computing Services
University of Missouri - Rolla
------------------------------
obrennan@apollo.cc.umr.edu
c0022@umrvmb.umr.edu
------------------------------

thompson@ELROND.SSEC.HONEYWELL.COM (John Thompson) (11/16/90)

Sigh.  This seems to come up every 2 months.  Oh well....

DISCLAIMER:  I will neither vouch for, nor complain about, any of the
following companies.  I have never worked for any of them, nor am I
receiving any favoritism from them.  To the best of my knowledge, the
products listed are available from them, but it is not necessarily a
COMPLETE list of products -- please call them yourself.
The vendors listed are not in any particular order.  I typed them as
their addresses came up in my folders.
The last three companies _appear_ to be HP suppliers primarily.  If
this is true, I would expect them to deal mainly in the 9000 series
peripherals.  (However -- again -- call them).

National Peripherals, Inc
1111 Pasquinelli Drive, Suite 400
Westmont, IL  60559
(312) 325-4151
==> DNxxxx memory
==> 9000/400 series memory, I believe
==> Maxtor 8760E (697MB) disk drives
==> SCSI drives for 9000/400 series
==> Exabyte 8mm tape drives
==> other disk drives, etc.

North Central Peripherals
14041 Burnhaven Drive, Suite 114
Burnsville, MN  55337
(612) 881-2302
==> DNxxxx memory
==> 9000/400 series memory
==> Maxtor 8760E (697MB) disk drives
==> Exabyte 8mm tape drives
==> other disk drives, etc.

AnDATAco Computer Peripherals
9550 Waples Street
San Diego, CA  92121
(619) 453-9191
==> DNxxxx memory
==> Maxtor 8760E (697MB) disk drives
==> Exabyte 8mm tape drives
==> other disk drives, etc.

Infotek Systems
1045 S. East Street
Anaheim, CA  92805
(714) 956-9300
==> 9000/400 series memory

Martech
1151 West Valley Boulevard
Alhambra, CA  91803
(818) 281-3555
==> 9000/400 series memory

Digital Micronics, Inc
5674 El Camino Real, Suite P
Carlsbad, CA  92008
(619) 931-8554
==> 9000/400 series memory

John Thompson (jt)
Honeywell, SSEC
Plymouth, MN  55441
thompson@pan.ssec.honeywell.com

As ever, my opinions do not necessarily agree with Honeywell's or reality's.
(Honeywell's do not necessarily agree with mine or reality's, either)

tjohn@IKE.MAVD.HONEYWELL.COM ("Tony John") (11/16/90)

Here's some info that I have.

DNxxxx Memory:

Clearpoint
99 South Street
Hopkinton MA, 01748
508 435 2000

DataRam
PO Box 7528
Princeton, NJ 08543-7528
1-800-822-0071

Series 400 Memory:

Infotek Systems
1-800-227-0218

Martek
818-281-3555

Digital Mironics
619-931-8554

DNxxxx Disk:

North Central Peripherals
14041 Burnhaven Drive, Suite 114
Burnsville, MN 55337
612-881-2302

Series 400 Disk:

Datalink
612-944-3462
(700 Mb HP 97548s SCSI drive)

There are a lot of other vendors.  If you get the "Workstation" magazine,
there are many ads in there for third party vendors

Tony John                         Honeywell Military Avionics Division (MAvD)
Computer Applications Engineer    MN15-2593
612-542-4238                      1625 Zarthan Ave, Mpls, MN 55416
tjohn@ike.mavd.honeywell.com

"My opinions are my own, No one else needs them anyway."

lampi@polari.UUCP (Michael Lampi) (11/17/90)

One additional vendor of disks, memory, etc. is:
MDL Corporation
2667 170th Avenue SE
Bellevue, WA 98008
(206) 643-7333
FAX (206) 643-5080

ESDI and SCSI disks
Erasable Optical disks
Removable disks
SCSI QIC tape drives
DN2500 RAM

rees@pisa.ifs.umich.edu (Jim Rees) (11/20/90)

In article <9011160012.AA26544@pan.ssec.honeywell.com>, thompson@ELROND.SSEC.HONEYWELL.COM (John Thompson) writes:

  Sigh.  This seems to come up every 2 months.  Oh well....

I'm starting a list of frequently asked questions (with answers!).  Please
send me your contributions.  Ideas:

  - How to connect a 3d party SCSI disk to your Apollo
  - How to get the registry to work right (all about glb_site.txt, etc.)
  - Where can I get PC-NFSD and Sun RPC libraries
  - Where can I buy and sell used Apollo equipment (Dave Krowitz list?)

I'll make this available for anonymous ftp and plug it here.

thompson@ELROND.SSEC.HONEYWELL.COM (John Thompson) (11/20/90)

Oops --
    I've known this for quite some time, but I keep forgetting.
One of the phone numbers that I listed for disks/memory was incorrect.  I
believe that you'll be notified of the change, but just in case....

    National Peripherals, Inc
    1111 Pasquinelli Drive, Suite 400
    Westmont, IL  60559
    (708) 325-4151
     ===       (was originally listed as 312)