[comp.sys.apollo] DN30000, bsd4.3, emt in a xterm

n8735053@unicorn.cc.wwu.edu (Iain "Niai" Davidson) (11/25/90)

I'm running "emt" in a xterm window for vt100 emulation.  But when I
   run "emt" under "raw" mode the "F1" key is not seen by "emt".
   ('cause of the "raw" mode, silly :-] )

I can type "f1" at the "emt>" prompt to get to the connection
   but how can I get back to the "emt>" prompt ? (for RCVing,etc)

Can anyone reccomend a better terminal emulation method for our
   Apollo DN3000 ? (vt100 w/kermit or xmodem would be GREAT!)

Thanks for any info you can supply.
;-]

--
I.Davidson, A)BITS@wwu.edu B)uw-beaver!wwu.edu!IAIN C)n8735053@unicorn.wwu.edu

csfst1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Charles S. Fuller) (11/25/90)

In article <1990Nov25.004439.6002@unicorn.cc.wwu.edu>, n8735053@unicorn.cc.wwu.edu (Iain "Niai" Davidson) writes:
> I'm running "emt" in a xterm window for vt100 emulation.
> [...]
> Can anyone reccomend a better terminal emulation method for our
>    Apollo DN3000 ? (vt100 w/kermit or xmodem would be GREAT!)

I routinely use kermit within an xterm for SIO communications, telling
the remote machine that my term type is "xterm".  Two advantages are
worth mentioning: (1) if the remote machine doesn't understand "xterm",
"vt100" will usually suffice, and (2) you've got a file transfer
mechanism handy if you need one.

Chuck Fuller

austin@METO.UMD.EDU (Austin L. Conaty) (11/26/90)

I need to communicate from Apollos through a modem
to a NAS9000 at the World Weather Building.  Is there
a kermit program out there somewhere that would suit
this purpose?  Please give me an ftp site and the version
of kermit I should use.  I am running mixed 9.7 and 10.2

Thanks a million.
Austin L. Conaty
Sys_Admin, Dept. of Meteorology
Univ. of Maryland