[comp.sys.apollo] Apollo Mail - MX records

obrennan@CC3.CC.UMR.EDU (obrennan) (12/13/90)

	you write that Apollo-mail doesn't use MX records. Well it doesn't even
	know about it. Somebody at our University has compiled the senmail 5.61
	version with IDA enhancements.
	And as You've guessed, this one does understand MX-records. Better it also
	uses them :-)

	If you want you can get to it at:
		ftp.eb.ele.tue.nl in /pub/apollo/sendmail*Z

	There's also with it our very simple sendmail.cf file which could be of use.

	Ciao
		Willem Jan Withagen

	--
	Eindhoven University of Technology   DomainName:  wjw@eb.ele.tue.nl
	Digital Systems Group, Room EH 10.10 BITNET: ELEBWJ@HEITUE5.BITNET

Gerry O'Brennan
Programmer/Analyst II
Computing Services
University of Missouri - Rolla
------------------------------
obrennan@apollo.cc.umr.edu
c0022@umrvmb.umr.edu
------------------------------

rees@pisa.ifs.umich.edu (Jim Rees) (12/13/90)

From the Apollo FAQ file, available from dabo.ifs.umich.edu:

Question: Where can I get a version of sendmail which supports MX records?

Answer: Sendmail 5.61+IDA is available by anonymous ftp from eng.clemson.edu
in directory mail+ftp.  For some small patches to make it run better under
Domain/OS, ftp the file sendmail.5.61-apo.Z from maths.su.oz.au.

chytil@vlsivie.tuwien.ac.at (Chytil Georg) (12/13/90)

In article <4e8edd27.1bc5b@pisa.ifs.umich.edu> rees@citi.umich.edu (Jim Rees) writes:
>Answer: Sendmail 5.61+IDA is available by anonymous ftp from eng.clemson.edu
>in directory mail+ftp.  For some small patches to make it run better under
>Domain/OS, ftp the file sendmail.5.61-apo.Z from maths.su.oz.au.

Some patches to sendmail5.65/IDA1.3.5 have been posted to comp.mail.sendmail
recently, they have been claimed to work on SR10.1 .
(I'm just on the hacks myself, merging them with jim richardson's from math.su.oz.au).

							Georg