[comp.sys.apollo] Searching for HP laserjet printer driver.

wjw@eba.eb.ele.tue.nl (Willem Jan Withagen) (12/14/90)

Perhaps someone out on the net can help me?

I(we :-))'ve got several HP Laserjet printers (none with postscript :{ ), and
it would be nice if I could use all functions of this printer.
Does anybody have any experience with this configuration. I've patched an
ADUS-version for SR9, back in the old days. But I doon't want to redo this
unnless it's really needed.

Thanx	Willem Jan Withagen.

PS: I know that David Krowitz (or it's company) has a very nice one, it's also
    not expencive. But we're very,very low budget in the comming time.
PS2: Isn't it funny that HP does not tell you how to setup an HP printer. :-)

Eindhoven University of Technology   DomainName:  wjw@eb.ele.tue.nl
Digital Systems Group, Room EH 10.10 BITNET: ELEBWJ@HEITUE5.BITNET
P.O. 513                             Tel: +31-40-473401
5600 MB Eindhoven                    The Netherlands

krowitz@RICHTER.MIT.EDU (David Krowitz) (12/17/90)

HP has been saying for sometime that they were going to support all
of their PCL printers and plotters with new print-server drivers for
the SR10 version of "prsvr" in the fall of 1990. I didn't see any
new drivers in the /sys/hardcopy directory of the SR10.3 release, yet
I've been told that the drivers were released in November. You might
try checking with your Apollo sales office to see if those drivers
are on a patch tape, or whether HP intends to sell the drivers as a
seperate package.

 -- David Krowitz

krowitz@richter.mit.edu   (18.83.0.109)
krowitz%richter.mit.edu@eddie.mit.edu
krowitz%richter.mit.edu@mitvma.bitnet
(in order of decreasing preference)

beierl_c@apollo.HP.COM (Christopher Beierl) (12/18/90)

In article <9012171414.AA13584@richter.mit.edu> krowitz@RICHTER.MIT.EDU (David Krowitz) writes:
>HP has been saying for sometime that they were going to support all
>of their PCL printers and plotters with new print-server drivers for
>the SR10 version of "prsvr" in the fall of 1990. I didn't see any
>new drivers in the /sys/hardcopy directory of the SR10.3 release, yet
>I've been told that the drivers were released in November. You might
>try checking with your Apollo sales office to see if those drivers
>are on a patch tape, or whether HP intends to sell the drivers as a
>seperate package.

My understanding is that the PCL prsvr drivers were indeed released in
November.  They are sold as a layered product, called 'LaserJet PCL Printer
Interface' or some such.

They support Laserjet II, IIP, IID, III, and IIID, in all three printing
environments: Aegis, UNIX BSD 4.3 and UNIX SYS 5.3.

Contact your sales person for more info.

-Chris
 Christopher T. Beierl  Internet: beierl_c@apollo.HP.COM;beierl_c@apollo.com
 Apollo Computer, Inc.      UUCP: {mit-eddie,yale,uw-beaver}!apollo!beierl_c
 A Subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard                       Phone: (508) 256-6600