[comp.sys.apollo] pad_$ calls

michal@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (09/11/90)

 Two questions regarding callable display mangaer ...

1. How does one place a cursor in a window using the pad_$ calls ?
2. How does one put a name in a window ? When you use cp you can
   specify -n processname which will appear in the top left hand corner
   in the window. How to do it from pad_$. ?

Thanks,
-Merlin
--
Merlin [The Magician] (AKA Michal Chmielewski)
US Mail: Academic Computing Services, Univ. of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA

lambert@spectrum.cs.unsw.oz.au (Tim Lambert) (09/12/90)

> 1. How does one place a cursor in a window using the pad_$ calls ?

From the DM I make the window invisible, then visible, so I suppose
you could do the same things with pad_$ calls.  Or you could just do
pad_$dm_command to move the cursor.

> 2. How does one put a name in a window ? When you use cp you can
>    specify -n processname which will appear in the top left hand corner
>    in the window. How to do it from pad_$. ?

You give it a name when you use pad_$create_window.  This also creates
a file, so you need to cd to /tmp and then unlink the file after you
create the window.

Tim

In article <25517.26ecc59e@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> michal@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:

> Two questions regarding callable display mangaer ...
>
>1. How does one place a cursor in a window using the pad_$ calls ?
>2. How does one put a name in a window ? When you use cp you can
>   specify -n processname which will appear in the top left hand corner
>   in the window. How to do it from pad_$. ?

The easiest thing to do (if not the only) is to use a pad_$ call to send
the commands to the DM.
--
Alphalpha Software, Inc.	|	motif-request@alphalpha.com

I'm not sure which upsets me more; that people are so unwilling to accept
everyone else's.