[comp.sys.apollo] when will apollo support mmap?

Don.Allingham@FtCollins.NCR.COM (Don Allingham) (01/16/91)

Does anyone know what release (if any) of DOMAIN/OS will support mmap?

Thanks.

--
Don Allingham
NCR Microelectronics 			Don.Allingham@FtCollins.NCR.com

dbfunk@icaen.uiowa.edu (David B Funk) (01/22/91)

In article <DON.ALLINGHAM.91Jan16104449@bbking.FtCollins.NCR.COM> Don.Allingham@FtCollins.NCR.COM (Don Allingham) writes:

>Does anyone know what release (if any) of DOMAIN/OS will support mmap?

To the best of my knowledge, mmap & friends have been around since sr10.1.
I have never actually tried using it so I don't know how well it works but the
underlying file mapping mechanism has been used by Apollo for the past 10 years.
I have used the Apollo file mapping calls (ms_$) for several years.

Dave Funk