[comp.sys.apollo] WHat do I have to do to get off of this list?

dave@VLSI-MENTOR.JPL.NASA.GOV (David Hayes) (02/06/91)

I've asked and I've asked. I've pleaded. I don't get to use this account
much. I am really desperate to get off of this list. Who is running
it? Perhaps the only way to get  some attention is to put the address
"apollo@umix.cc.umich.edu" in my .forward file....

PLEASE! Unsubscribe me. Thank you.

art@AERA785.MITRE.ORG ("Art McClinton") (02/06/91)

Date sent:  6-FEB-1991 13:07:00 GMT

>From:	AERA3::WINS%"dave@vlsi-mentor.jpl.nasa.gov"  6-FEB-1991 11:22:02.46
>To:	ART
>CC:
>Subj:	WHat do I have to do to get off of this list?
>
>Date: Wed, 6 Feb 91 00:12:12 PST
>From: dave@vlsi-mentor.jpl.nasa.gov (David Hayes)
>To: apollo%umix.cc.umich.edu%jpl-mil@umix.cc.umich.edu
>Subject: WHat do I have to do to get off of this list?
>Cc: apollo-request@umix.cc.umich.edu
>
>I've asked and I've asked. I've pleaded. I don't get to use this account
>much. I am really desperate to get off of this list. Who is running
>it? Perhaps the only way to get  some attention is to put the address
>"apollo@umix.cc.umich.edu" in my .forward file....
>
>PLEASE! Unsubscribe me. Thank you.

I totally sympathis with you.  I have been sending messages to info-apollo-
request since last November.  I thought only the lack of support for apollo was
limited to the action of 2 years ago.  I can use a batch job to delete the
majority of the info-apollo mail based on subject line.

I like your idea of forwarding the mail back to the list.

I have considered lowering my disk quota, then the mailer will automatically
send the messages back.

I think the real question that needs to be asked is, who is the list
maintainer?  I know that several people have given me his name, but I have
never seen any posting from him.  He does not respond to my direct mail.

DOES THIS LIST HAVE A MAINTAINER?  WILL YOU PLEASE ANSWER!!

*
*---Art
*
*Arthur T. McClinton Jr.     Internet: ART@MITRE.ORG
*MITRE Corporation           Phone: 703-883-6356
*7525 Colshire Dr            Internal Mitre: ART@AERA785 or M10319@MWVM
*McLean, Va. 22102-3481      DCS: MCCLINTON
*			     FAX: 703-883-6308

krowitz@RICHTER.MIT.EDU (David Krowitz) (02/06/91)

I believe that the list has lost its maintainer. I'm am in the
process of suggesting to the ADUS board that we move this mailing
list to the official ADUS node at the University of Iowa, where it
will always have someone to maintain the list.

== Dave Krowitz
   ADUS VP for SIGS.

hanche@imf.unit.no (Harald Hanche-Olsen) (02/07/91)

In article <9102061322.AA01287@mwunix.mitre.org> art@AERA785.MITRE.ORG ("Art McClinton") writes:

   >From:	AERA3::WINS%"dave@vlsi-mentor.jpl.nasa.gov"  6-FEB-1991 11:22:02.46
   >I've asked and I've asked. I've pleaded. I don't get to use this account
   >much. I am really desperate to get off of this list. Who is running
   >it? Perhaps the only way to get  some attention is to put the address
   >"apollo@umix.cc.umich.edu" in my .forward file....
   >
   >PLEASE! Unsubscribe me. Thank you.

   I like your idea of forwarding the mail back to the list.

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!!!  AND PLEASE DO NOT EVEN SUGGEST IT, EVEN AS A
JOKE!!  Chances are that some nitwit out there could think you were
serious and do it.  Can you say "MAIL LOOP"?  I knew you could.

I suggest sending mail to postmaster@umix.cc.umich.edu and complaining
about the lack of response from the list moderators.  The postmaster
will hopefully be able to take steps to remove you from the list.  If
he is unable or unwilling to do this, and a conscientious maintainer
cannot be found, the postmaster should be asked to disable the whole
list until suitable arrangements can be found.  Sorry, but a list
*must* have a maintainer who actually does the job.  No buts about it.

- Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche@imf.unit.no>
  Division of Mathematical Sciences
  The Norwegian Institute of Technology
  N-7034 Trondheim, NORWAY

rees@pisa.ifs.umich.edu (Jim Rees) (02/07/91)

In article <9102061322.AA01287@mwunix.mitre.org>, art@AERA785.MITRE.ORG ("Art McClinton") writes:

  I think the real question that needs to be asked is, who is the list
  maintainer?  I know that several people have given me his name, but I have
  never seen any posting from him.  He does not respond to my direct mail.

I won't embarass the guy by mentioning his name here.  He's been after me to
take over the list.  So far I've been able to change the subject when this
comes up.  The real solution is for someone else to volunteer to take over
the list.  This guy used to be one of Apollo's biggest customers but now no
longer even has one on his desk.