[comp.sys.apollo] uucico via Ethernet on Apollo DN3000 w/SR10.1

joe@mgcind.UUCP (Joe Hance) (02/18/91)

I am trying to configure my DN3000 running SR10.1 and having
the standard Ethernet board installed to run uucico over the
Ethernet link.  The documentation (as well as the comments
in some of the files in /usr/lib/uucp) imply that this can
be done but don't explain exactly how to do it.

Please reply either here or via mail to me at:

towers!mgcind!joe

Thanks

Joe

sboyle@mentorg.com (Sean Boyle x1542) (02/20/91)

In article <48@mgcind.UUCP> joe@mgcind.UUCP (Joe Hance) writes:
>I am trying to configure my DN3000 running SR10.1 and having
>the standard Ethernet board installed to run uucico over the
>Ethernet link.  The documentation (as well as the comments
>in some of the files in /usr/lib/uucp) imply that this can
>be done but don't explain exactly how to do it.
>
>Please reply either here or via mail to me at:
Here is the entry for your inetd.conf:

# uucp daemon for network uucp connections
uucp            stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/lib/uucp/uucpd     uucpd

The Systems file looks something like this if you don't poll them...:
<sitename> Never - - - -
--
"There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh and this is not one of them."
                                              Inspector Jacques Clouseau

sboyle@mentor.com				Mentor Graphics Corporation