[comp.sys.apollo] Possible binary in e-mail

waldram@WOLF.UWYO.EDU (02/28/91)

In:

Date: 27 Feb 91 07:44:48 GMT
From: nazgul%alfalfa.com.uucp@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (Kee Hinckley)
Subject: Virtual Key Bugs?
Sender: apollo-request@umix.cc.umich.edu

I happened to catch what appeared to be some binary junk in that e-mail
message.  This may have been some sort of glitch on our system but I
am very interested in others who may have noticed anything.  A set of
what looked like block character graphics appeared just before the
termination of the message.  Paging back in the pad, cleared the graphics.

Does anyone have any hints of system security holes involving this type
of situation.  Again, it may have been a glitch on my system.  I have
not been able to reproduce the problem.

Jim Waldram
307-766-5351
waldram@grizzly.uwyo.edu