[comp.sys.apollo] .forward files

dave@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Dave Hayes) (03/09/91)

How come the .forward file (mail forwarding) doesn't work with
"classic" Apollo SR10.2 sendmail?
------
Dave Hayes -  dave@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov - {ames,ucbvax}!elroy!elxr!dave
Jet Propulsion Lab - M/S 602-145         VOICE: (818)354-0771
4800 Oak Grove Drive                     FAX:   (818)354-7521
Pasadena CA, 91109

In article <dave.668462061@jato.jpl.nasa.gov> dave@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov writes:
>How come the .forward file (mail forwarding) doesn't work with
>"classic" Apollo SR10.2 sendmail?

Works fine for us.  What exactly happens when you do (say) a Mail -v
to someone who has their mailbox forwarded?

--
Alfalfa Software, Inc.          |       Poste:  The EMail for Unix
nazgul@alfalfa.com              |       Send Anything... Anywhere

everyone else's.

krowitz@RICHTER.MIT.EDU (David Krowitz) (03/12/91)

The usual cause of the .forward file failing on our SR10.2 system
is either the file protections *or* the Unix file ownership.

 -- David Krowitz

krowitz@richter.mit.edu   (18.83.0.109)
krowitz%richter.mit.edu@eddie.mit.edu
krowitz%richter.mit.edu@mitvma.bitnet