[comp.sys.apollo] problem with crp

brunner@metoch.uu.ch (felix brunner) (03/13/91)

Who knows this problem !

We have several apollo 2500 and 3500  and one hp 400 system on a
ethernet. The other day I decided to upgrade to SR10.3.
Almost erverthing went fine except of some soft link problems which
the install++ tool was not able to handle so I did it by hand.
So far so good. But since then I have a problem on just one node.

If I try to "crp -on //this_node "process " -cps " I get the
following error message :

?(crp) Can't create remote process - no right to perform operation (OS/ACL manager)

Unfortunatly Teamwork uses this mechanism the dc_server process.

Has someone on the net any suggestion of what causes this problem.
I got in touch with our local HP-support group but they weren't able to
solve the problem. We also went through several file to check the acls
but everything seems to be right.

I also run into the well known clock-racing problem and the HP-Support-Group
told me that it's going to be solved on the march patch-tape - well I
didn't receive this tape until now. I hope I will sometime. Or is it considered
to be a new feature ( turbo clock ).

I also have problems with the Ingres-database system since the unfortunate day a switched
to SR10.3. If we produce some heavy network traffic ( e.g. producing a Ingres-database
report ) the whole Ingres-System fails. I even can't unload a database.
Ingres told me it is a known problem but they do not support their DBMS under SR.10.3
yet. But it is planned to support also SR 10.3 ( maybe next year or so ).  Well I think that's
really great.

Does this mean for the future that I have to ask each and every third party software
vendor if he supports his sw for the new release ? I think so. But I also think they
are bloody happy of everyone who does the testing for them but support noooooo because
it's not supported.

Felix Brunner

brunner@metoch.ch

perryc@brahms.amd.com (Perry Chun) (03/14/91)

Date: 12 Mar 91 16:14:27 GMT
Who knows this problem !
> If I try to "crp -on //this_node "process " -cps " I get the
> following error message :

> ?(crp) Can't create remote process - no right to perform operation (OS/ACL manager)

> Has someone on the net any suggestion of what causes this problem.

Did you check the acls of /sys/node_data/dev/crp00 on the node that you were attempting to crp too?