[comp.sys.apollo] Key remapping

dwork@brahms.amd.com (Jeff Dwork) (03/15/91)

I have heard that SR 10.3 supports more extensive key remapping than SR 9.7.
I would like to remap the repeat key and enable auto-repeat on various keys.
We have DN3500, DN4500, and 400t machines all running SR 10.3.
My questions:

1) Is this possible?
2) Can I do it from DM or do I have to write a program to do it?
3) Where in the Apollo documentation should I look?

Thanks for your help.
--
Jeff Dwork			|  408-749-2356 	|  dwork@AMD.COM
Advanced Micro Devices, M/S 45	|---------------------------------------

glenn@huxley.huxley.bitstream.com (Glenn P. Parker) (03/16/91)

In article <1991Mar14.211036.824@amd.com> dwork@brahms.amd.com (Jeff Dwork) writes:
> I have heard that SR 10.3 supports more extensive key remapping than SR 9.7.
> I would like to remap the repeat key and enable auto-repeat on various keys.
> 1) Is this possible?

Yes.

> 2) Can I do it from DM or do I have to write a program to do it?

Yes (you can do it from a shell).

> 3) Where in the Apollo documentation should I look?

man kbm

--
Glenn P. Parker       glenn@bitstream.com       Bitstream, Inc.
                      uunet!huxley!glenn        215 First Street

kgallagh@digi.lonestar.org (Kevin Gallagher) (03/16/91)

writes:

>I have heard that SR 10.3 supports more extensive key remapping than SR 9.7.
>I would like to remap the repeat key and enable auto-repeat on various keys.
>We have DN3500, DN4500, and 400t machines all running SR 10.3.
>My questions:
>
>1) Is this possible?
>2) Can I do it from DM or do I have to write a program to do it?
>3) Where in the Apollo documentation should I look?

From a Unix shell prompt, enter

	man kbm

SR10.2 introduced the enhanced kbm command which gives the user much more
control over the keyboard.
Kevin Gallagher        kgallagh@digi.lonestar.org OR ...!uunet!digi!kgallagh
DSC Communications Corporation   Addr: MS 152, 1000 Coit Rd, Plano, TX 75075