[comp.sys.apollo] 10.3 and cc 6.8

gjalt@ele.tue.nl (Gjalt de Jong) (03/15/91)

As discussed already, you have to choose when installing SR10.3 which compiler
you have 6.7 or the new ansi compiler 6.8.
I've looked through the install directory of the os, and the only things I see
which are the ansi directories bsd4.3/bin/ansi and bsd4.3/usr/ansi (and their
sys5 counterparts) Is it really enough to install these parts by hand? Since
then it are only a couple of include files and man pages plus one /bin/cc.

--
__
Gjalt G. de Jong,                 | Phone: +(31)40-473345

vasta@apollo.HP.COM (John Vasta) (03/20/91)

In article <GJALT.91Mar15085639@eutes3.ele.tue.nl> gjalt@ele.tue.nl (Gjalt de Jong) writes:

>As discussed already, you have to choose when installing SR10.3 which compiler
>you have 6.7 or the new ansi compiler 6.8.
>I've looked through the install directory of the os, and the only things I see
>which are the ansi directories bsd4.3/bin/ansi and bsd4.3/usr/ansi (and their
>sys5 counterparts) Is it really enough to install these parts by hand? Since
>then it are only a couple of include files and man pages plus one /bin/cc.

Well, there are more like 40 header files and 90 man page files. Also,
there are the files usr/apollo/lib/cpp and the directories usr/apollo/lib/isp_a88k
and usr/apollo/lib/isp_m68k. You may be able to get all the pieces copied,
but I wouldn't guarantee that it will work.

John Vasta                Hewlett-Packard Apollo Systems Division
vasta@apollo.hp.com       M.S. CHR-03-DW
(508) 256-6600 x5978      300 Apollo Drive, Chelmsford, MA 01824
UUCP: {decwrl!decvax, mit-eddie, attunix}!apollo!vasta