[comp.sys.apollo] Browsing through error logs

ardavan@ccs.carleton.ca (Ardavan Tajbakhsh) (03/19/91)

     This may sound like a silly question, but how does one go about
looking at the contents of /sys/node_data/system_logs/sys_error_log?
Currently when I try to "read" the file I get:

(CV) sys_error_log - requested object is in use from (stream manager/IOS)

                                    Ardavan <Ardavan@ccs.carleton.ca>

kumorek@apollo.HP.COM (James Kumorek) (03/20/91)

In article <1991Mar19.143609.27112@ccs.carleton.ca>,
ardavan@ccs.carleton.ca (Ardavan Tajbakhsh) writes:

|>      This may sound like a silly question, but how does one go about
|> looking at the contents of /sys/node_data/system_logs/sys_error_log?
|> Currently when I try to "read" the file I get:
|>
|> (CV) sys_error_log - requested object is in use from (stream manager/IOS)
|>
|>                                     Ardavan <Ardavan@ccs.carleton.ca>

Try using /systest/ssr_util/lsyserr :

$ /systest/ssr_util/lsyserr
wednesday, march 6, 1991
    4:12:17 pm (EST)  disk error
      Winchester  Ctrl_# = 0  Unit_# = 0    Phys daddr = 556C: quit
while waitin
g for event (OS/time manager)
friday, march 8, 1991
    7:21:27 pm (EST)  system shutdown
    7:22:55 pm (EST)  system startup
tuesday, march 12, 1991
   12:43:39 pm (EST)  system shutdown
   12:45:11 pm (EST)  system startup
thursday, march 14, 1991
    1:06:42 pm (EST)  system shutdown
    1:08:08 pm (EST)  system startup

error totals:
   system startups        3
   system shutdowns       3
   disk errors            1

Jim Kumorek
Apollo Computer, Inc. - A subsidiary of Hewlett Packard
kumorek@apollo.hp.com

thompson@PAN.SSEC.HONEYWELL.COM (John Thompson) (03/20/91)