[comp.sys.apollo] Changing fonts in the DM I/O windows

carlson (Carlson Peters) (03/22/91)

Does anyone know how to change the font sizes in the Display Manager
input and ouput windows?  We've got a few older users who would be much
better off if they could easily read the output window for error messages,ect.

Thanking you in advance,

--
Carlson Peters
(213) 481-7898

krowitz@RICHTER.MIT.EDU (David Krowitz) (03/22/91)

The DM command "fl" (font load) loads a font for use in
newly create pads. It does not change the font of the
current pad.

 -- David Krowitz

krowitz@richter.mit.edu   (18.83.0.109)
krowitz%richter.mit.edu@eddie.mit.edu
krowitz%richter.mit.edu@mitvma.bitnet
(in order of decreasing preference)

mishkin@apollo.HP.COM (Nathaniel Mishkin) (03/23/91)

In article <9103212054.AA24428@richter.mit.edu>, krowitz@RICHTER.MIT.EDU (David Krowitz) writes:
>The DM command "fl" (font load) loads a font for use in
>newly create pads. It does not change the font of the
>current pad.

I'm pretty sure that if you edit the node's DM "startup" file (e.g
"`node_data/startup.1280bw") to do an FL before the CV's that create
the bottom windows, you can achieve the effect you want.

--
                    -- Nat Mishkin
                       Cooperative Object Computing Division / East

randall@bcstec.boeing.com (Michael Randall) (03/23/91)

In article <173@ladwp>, carlson (Carlson Peters) writes:
> Does anyone know how to change the font sizes in the Display Manager
> input and ouput windows?  We've got a few older users who would be much
> better off if they could easily read the output window for error messages,ect.

The font in the dm input/output windows looks to std.19l (or similar for
different node types) This has been made a link and can be changed to
the font you want to use, then just reboot the node. For individual
windows, the dm command "fl" can be used, prior to opening the windows.
I usually place a command in my /sys/node_data/startup_login?* files
"fl std.color" (again this is old and now a link there points to f7x13.b
The command "ls -l /sys/dm/fonts/std*" will give a list of the standard
font links. Any font in the /sys/dm/fonts directory can be loaded with
the "fl" command, but does not change fonts in existing windows. You can
write a simple program to change the fonts in your output pads if you
desire. I once wrote a program which accepted input and changed the
fonts on a line by line basis, saved the pad by doing a "pn" command,
and using "wc -a" before closing, and Then could pop up this Multi-font
window, kind of a Newsletter or MOTD type thing. I'll stop rambling now.

Please feel free to post any corrections or additions if I am confused
or left something important out. :)
--
  Michael W. Randall          |  Phone: (206) 965-9557