[comp.sys.apollo] Pertec Interface controller and 400s

rjacks@austlcm.sps.mot.com (rodney jacks/vlk9) (03/27/91)

Does any know of a controller for a 1600/6250 BPI 'Pertec Interface'
1/2" mag tape, that will work in a Apollo/HP 400s?  We will be
replacing our DSP4000 servers for 400s soon and need a controller
for our tape drives.

Also, has anyone gotten an AT-bus disk controller to work in a HP400s
or 425s workstation?

Thanks for any info,
-Rodney

**  Rodney Jacks                                         **
**  Motorola Inc, Austin, Texas                          **
**  E-mail:  rjacks@austlcm.sps.mot.com                  **
**  Time is just nature's way of keeping everything from **
**  happening all at once.                               **

bruce@dannet.UUCP (Bruce Hill) (03/28/91)

In article <1991Mar26.203055.28219@oakhill.sps.mot.com>, rjacks@austlcm.sps.mot.com (rodney jacks/vlk9) writes:
> Does any know of a controller for a 1600/6250 BPI 'Pertec Interface'
> 1/2" mag tape, that will work in a Apollo/HP 400s?

> Thanks for any info,
> -Rodney

Danford Corp. sells a Tape Drive Interface (TDI) for the HP/Apollo 400s.
The TDI handles most Pertec tape drives.
Contact Danford at (213) 514-9334 for more info.

Bruce Hill
Project Manager,
Danford Corp.
350 W. 5th St.