[comp.sys.apollo] Can't create remote process - server node mbx_helper has not rights ...

mse@ttsi.lonestar.org (Mark Evans) (04/09/91)

Can someone explain what is broken and how to fix the whatever
that causes the following error message from crp:

?(crp) Can't create remote process - server node mbx_helper has no rights to server mbx (library/MBX manager)

I suspect this is real elementary but the man pages for crp and mbx_intro
are no help.
--
Mark S. Evans                 Tandem Telecommunications Systems Inc.
Phone: 214-516-6201           850 E. Central Parkway

babu@meap.uta.edu (Dorai Babu) (04/10/91)

In article <1991Apr8.194740.392@ttsi.lonestar.org> mse@ttsi.lonestar.org (Mark Evans) writes:

>   From: mse@ttsi.lonestar.org (Mark Evans)
>   Newsgroups: comp.sys.apollo
>   Date: 8 Apr 91 19:47:40 GMT
>   Sender: mse@ttsi.lonestar.org (Mark Evans)

>   Can someone explain what is broken and how to fix the whatever
>   that causes the following error message from crp:>>OB

>   ?(crp) Can't create remote process - server node mbx_helper has no rights to server mbx (library/MBX manager)

>   I suspect this is real elementary but the man pages for crp and mbx_intro
>   are no help.
>   --
>   Mark S. Evans                 Tandem Telecommunications Systems Inc.
>?OD   Phone: 214-516-6201           850 E. Central Parkway
>   Fax:   214-516-6801           Plano, TX 75074
>   Mail:  mse@ttsi.lonestar.org

The /sys/node_data/dev/crp* files may be corrupt.
Try this:

Delete the /dev/crp* files from the node where you are having the problem.
Go to /dev directory. Then type   /etc/mkdev . crp
This will create crp files again.
You have to login as root to do this.

D. Babu
(817) 273-2016.