[comp.sys.apollo] /etc/exports : no options ?

chytil@vlsivie.tuwien.ac.at (Chytil Georg) (05/11/91)

When browsing through the manual-pages and "Using NFS on the Domain Network"
I couldn't find any mentioning of options to /etc/exports . Now especially
-ro,-root=OurSolbourne seems very desirable to me, as this would allow
backup without root-logins between our two nets. Is there any way to achieve
this ?

						Georg

Running nfs2.1 + patch 186 on Domain/OS 10.2

<-------Trust not a man who's rich in flax, his morals may be sadly lax------->
Chytil Georg Systemdamager@Dep. of VLSI (vlsivie)   TU Wien A-1040 Wien Austria
chytil@vlsivie.{tuwien.ac.at,uucp}  chytil@egh780.una.ac.at  +43/222/58801/8146
#include <extra_disclaimer.h>         Don't panic!       Fax: +43/(0)222/569697

system@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca (System Admin (Mike Peterson)) (05/13/91)

In article <2419@tuvie.UUCP> chytil@vlsivie.tuwien.ac.at (Chytil Georg) writes:
>When browsing through the manual-pages and "Using NFS on the Domain Network"
>I couldn't find any mentioning of options to /etc/exports . Now especially
>-ro,-root=OurSolbourne seems very desirable to me, as this would allow
>backup without root-logins between our two nets. Is there any way to achieve
>this ?

The only parameters in /etc/exports at NFS 2.1 is the file system and an
optional list of remote systems which can mount that file system.
I gather that NFS 2.2 will have all the options that other NFS's have
had for quite a while, and that root access into/out of the Apollo will
finally work. The last I heard, NFS 2.2 will be released next fall sometime.

Mike.
--
Mike Peterson, System Administrator, U/Toronto Department of Chemistry
E-mail: system@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca