[comp.sys.apollo] PCNFSD on Domain

mmuegel@fwhnm02.fwrdc.rtsg.mot.com (Michael S. Muegel) (05/22/91)

Has anyone gotten PCNFSD working on Domain? We are interested in using it with
Macintosh NFS software to be able to access Domain file systems from a Mac.
All our other platforms run Yellow Pages so they are a piece of cake.

While I am in the Mac world, anybody got CAP working on Domain? Painful or
not so painful?

Thanks in advance,
-Mike

| Mike Muegel                              | Internet: mmuegel@mot.com        |
| Software Tools Group                     | UUCP:     uunet!motcid!muegel    |
| Fort Worth Research & Development Center | Voice:    (817) 232-6129         |
| Radio Telephone and Systems Group        | ... My opinions are surely not   |
| Motorola, Inc.                           |     shared by Motorola :-&       |

hanche@imf.unit.no (Harald Hanche-Olsen) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May22.154450.542@fwhnm02.fwrdc.rtsg.mot.com> mmuegel@fwhnm02.fwrdc.rtsg.mot.com (Michael S. Muegel) writes:

   Has anyone gotten PCNFSD working on Domain?

Many people have.  Piece of cake (though it's a looong time since I
did it, so don't ask me about particulars).

   While I am in the Mac world, anybody got CAP working on Domain? Painful or
   not so painful?

Painful.  CAP needs low-level support for Appletalk, which Apollo to
my knowledge does not provide.  Please someone prove me wrong!

- Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche@imf.unit.no>
  Division of Mathematical Sciences
  The Norwegian Institute of Technology
  N-7034 Trondheim, NORWAY

rtb@cernapo.cern.ch (Rainer Tobbicke) (05/27/91)

hanche@imf.unit.no (Harald Hanche-Olsen) writes:

>   While I am in the Mac world, anybody got CAP working on Domain? Painful or
>   not so painful?

>Painful.  CAP needs low-level support for Appletalk, which Apollo to
>my knowledge does not provide.  Please someone prove me wrong!

The original CAP used IPTALK and still does. Can be easily built in the
BSD environment. UAB and EtherTalk are probably more tricky.
--
Rainer Toebbicke
European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN)