[comp.sys.apollo] Shar

philip@cel.cummins.com (Philip D. Pokorny) (05/23/91)

Does anyone have a shar building script that works on the Apollo
that generates either /bin/sh or /com/sh shar's??  I have seen
many software releases that were put together as a shar and they
look as if they was some automation for the process...

Thanks,
Philip@cel.cummins.com
:)

root@ttsi.lonestar.org (System) (05/25/91)

In article <9105231505.AA13327@cel.cummins.com> philip@cel.cummins.com (Philip D. Pokorny) writes:
>Does anyone have a shar building script that works on the Apollo
>that generates either /bin/sh or /com/sh shar's??  I have seen
>many software releases that were put together as a shar and they
>look as if they was some automation for the process...

The shar package can be obtained from uunet.uu.net via anon ftp
in:

comp.sources.unix/volume15/cshar/cshar3.Z
--
Mark S. Evans                 Tandem Telecommunications Systems Inc.
Phone: 214-516-6201           850 E. Central Parkway

wjw@ebh.eb.ele.tue.nl (Willem Jan Withagen) (05/28/91)

In article <9105231505.AA13327@cel.cummins.com>, philip@cel.cummins.com (Philip D. Pokorny) writes:
=> Does anyone have a shar building script that works on the Apollo
=> that generates either /bin/sh or /com/sh shar's??  I have seen
=> many software releases that were put together as a shar and they
=> look as if they was some automation for the process...

Yup, see /pub/apollo/local/src/shar
     on ftp.eb.ele.tue.nl [131.155.20.25]

Or for DN{3,4}000 get (ready made)
	/pub/apollo/local/bin/shar