[comp.sys.apollo] Discrimination against Domain/OS???

thompson@PAN.SSEC.HONEYWELL.COM (John Thompson) (05/25/91)

Hi --

I just heard from a (usually) reliable source that HP/Apollo has a discrepency
in delivery times between HP-UX and Domain/OS systems (equivalents).  It seems
that this person ordered two 400->425 upgrades, one HP-UX and one Domain.  The
only difference should be in the tape that's included (if they remembered to
include the tape).  They are different order numbers because of the tape.
However, the Domain/OS upgrade arrived 2 months later.            Hmmmmmmm.

In addition, the Domain/OS node (ordered one month earlier than the HP-UX nodes)
that he's getting is coming in a month AFTER the HP-UX systems.   Hmmmmmmm.

This person is inside of HP/Apollo, so he/she checked out some other orders for
other customers.  They showed added delays for Domain/OS too.     Hmmmmmmm.

Paranoid?  I'd like to think I'm not.  Then again, maybe HP _is_ out to get us.
Is there a good explanation?  I'd like to hear it.

-- jt --
John Thompson
Honeywell, SSEC
Plymouth, MN  55441
thompson@pan.ssec.honeywell.com

When in danger, when in doubt --
run in circles, scream and shout.

graham@hparc0.HP.COM (Graham Eddy) (05/26/91)

#include <std/disclaimer.h>

> Paranoid?  I'd like to think I'm not.

i think perhaps you are.  we ordered bits&pieces (keyboards etc) to make
up HP-UX and Domain systems, and the HP-UX stuff arrived weeks after the
Domain stuff.

no matter what we do, some things will always arrive faster [or slower!]
than others..

-graham

tjohn@GUMBY.CFSMO.HONEYWELL.COM ("Tony John") (05/28/91)

>Paranoid?  I'd like to think I'm not.  Then again, maybe HP _is_ out to
>get us.  Is there a good explanation?  I'd like to hear it.

jt,

It's just another example of HP killing Apollo and not listening
to their customers.

Tony John                         Honeywell Commercial Flight Systems
612-785-4256                      MN51-1320  8840 Evergreen Blvd.
tjohn@gumby.cfsmo.honeywell.com   Coon Rapids, MN 55433

When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened
or not; but my faculties are decaying now and soon I shall be so I
cannot remember any but the things that never happened.  It is sad to
go to pieces like this but we all have to do it.
		-- Mark Twain

rees@pisa.citi.umich.edu (Jim Rees) (05/28/91)

In article <9105250129.AA18891@pan.ssec.honeywell.com>, thompson@PAN.SSEC.HONEYWELL.COM (John Thompson) writes:

  Paranoid?  I'd like to think I'm not.  Then again, maybe HP _is_ out to get us.
  Is there a good explanation?  I'd like to hear it.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you.

(The Apollo engineer who first told me this is now working for OSF.  Hmmmm...)