[comp.sys.apollo] TCPD problems locking up...

philip@cel.cummins.com (Philip D. Pokorny) (05/23/91)

Dave Funk mentioned several problems he seems to have found
with the TCPD...  Has Apollo been notified that the expand_mbufpool
routine doesn't seem to be working correctly???  Also, is there
a way to config TCPD so that on startup, it allocates more buffers
to begin with?

Sincerely,
Philip D. Pokorny
philip@cel.cummins.com
:)

dbfunk@ICAEN.UIOWA.EDU (David B Funk) (05/31/91)

IN posting <9105231411.AA12469@cel.cummins.com>, Philip D. Pokorny writes:

> Dave Funk mentioned several problems he seems to have found
> with the TCPD...  Has Apollo been notified that the expand_mbufpool
> routine doesn't seem to be working correctly???  Also, is there
> a way to config TCPD so that on startup, it allocates more buffers
> to begin with?

Mea-Culpa, no I haven't reported this one. (I don't like to gripe about
somthing until I really understand it & some times I'm lazy.. err... too
busy ;=). However I will atone for this sin, we are an official Beta site
for sr10.4. We have some nodes here which promise a real good workout for
tcp/ip stuff. I have my personal list of sr10.3 bugs to try on 10.4
and I have downloaded Mike Peterson's from pisa.citi. If anybody else
wants to contribute their own Domain/OS bug list, I'll be happy to
check them out under sr10.4; just E-mail them to me. I can't guarantee
a personal response, but I'll make sure that the results get passed
on to HP/Apollo.

Dave Funk
dbfunk@icaen.uiowa.edu