[comp.sys.apollo] xntpd for Apollo SR10.3 ..?

linegar@bwdls49.bnr.ca (Derick Linegar) (05/31/91)

Someone indicated to me that there is a version of xntpd available for the
apollo SR10.3, and is archived somewhere (umich??? what is that...?) Is this
true? Any experiences running this beast? Is the world flat?

Thanks in advance...

				-derick-
--
#include <disclaimer.h>
Derick Linegar,     Internet Systems 4P27,              Bell-Northern Research

rees@pisa.citi.umich.edu (Jim Rees) (05/31/91)

In article <linegar.675631975@bwdls49>, linegar@bwdls49.bnr.ca (Derick Linegar) writes:

  Someone indicated to me that there is a version of xntpd available for the
  apollo SR10.3, and is archived somewhere (umich??? what is that...?) Is this
  true? Any experiences running this beast? Is the world flat?

Allow me to once again plug the FAQ file, which answers this question.  It
is available for ftp from pisa.citi.umich.edu.

Also available from the same place is the file Readme.xntp, which explains
where to get xntpd and how to make it run on your Apollo.  We use it here on
all our nodes.  Works great.

No, the world is not flat, as I proved to myself last year, but it is much
bigger and more complicated than I thought it was.

Hannu.Martikka@lut.fi (Hannu Martikka) (05/31/91)

Jim> Allow me to once again plug the FAQ file, which answers this question.  It
Jim> is available for ftp from pisa.citi.umich.edu.
Could you post it here?
It could be posted regulary say once month or if there are updates to
FAQ file.
--

Regards from Goodi
Internet: Hannu.Martikka@lut.fi	/ \