[comp.sys.apollo] interleaf 4.0 and OS 10.3.4 psk8

michel@es.ele.tue.nl (Michel Berkelaar) (06/06/91)

We just received our 68040 upgrades to our 400 machines (finally). This made
us very happy at first, but when we read the release notes, we found out that
upgrading to Domain OS 10.3.4 with PSK8 would make it impossible to run
Interleaf 4.0. This puts us in a bad position: either we stay at 10.3 with the
68030's installed, or we lose the ability to run Interleaf, which is
unacceptable. Does anybody know the status of this known problem:

- is there a fix available
- is there a work-around
- or will we have to wait for Domain OS 10.4 (6 months) or buy Interleaf 5.0
  (also not yet available)?

Perhaps somebody from HaPollo would like to comment on this very unforunate
situation.

Michel Berkelaar                   | Email: michel@ele.tue.nl
Eindhoven University of Technology |
Dept. of Electrical Engineering    |
Design Automation Section          |
P.O. Box 513                       | Phone: ... - 31 - 40 - 473345
NL-5600 MB Eindhoven               | Fax:   ... - 31 - 40 - 464527
The Netherlands                    |

carlson@uucp (Carlson Peters) (06/12/91)

In article <MICHEL.91Jun6152744@eutes3.es.ele.tue.nl> michel@es.ele.tue.nl (Michel Berkelaar) writes:

>We just received our 68040 upgrades to our 400 machines (finally). This made
>us very happy at first, but when we read the release notes, we found out that
>upgrading to Domain OS 10.3.4 with PSK8 would make it impossible to run
>Interleaf 4.0. This puts us in a bad position: either we stay at 10.3 with the
>68030's installed, or we lose the ability to run Interleaf, which is
>unacceptable. Does anybody know the status of this known problem:

You may call Interleaf and get a free patch tape to fix this problem.
Beware! You need to have at least 16M of memory to get good performance
out of the upgrade.  With 8M consider it a downgrade.

Carlson Peters
(213) 481-7898