[comp.sys.apollo] Resending "re: Domain/OS 10.2 and 10.3 questions"

m15562@MWVM.MITRE.ORG (Sherrie J.B. Cherdak) (06/14/91)

John Thompson writes:
> I don't know if the name_$xxx and ios_$xxx calls that have '_lc'counterparts
> are supported anymore.  They stated back in 1988 that the old calls might
> not be supported in future releases (Domain System Software Release Notes --
> 10.0, page A-33).

These routines are still included in the appropriate /sys/ins files, but are
marked'obsolete', as are the name_$pname_t and name_$name_t data types.
HOWEVER, some system calls still use these data types.  Yes, HP/apollo is
aware of this (I filed an APR this week, when I finally was able to move some
sr9.7 code to sr10, and discovered the problem), BUT they haven't promised
that it will be mended in the next release. I guess we'll wait and see.

-- disclaimer:  only my thoughts, opinions, and misspellings are contained
herein.
*
*        Sherrie
*        Mailname:  scherdak@mitre.org