[comp.sys.apollo] re> seeking apollo sub. info

mathys@dover.sps.mot.com (Yves Mathys) (06/24/91)

>> From: christos@theory.TC.Cornell.EDU (Christos S. Zoulas)
>> Date: 23 Jun 91 08:41:29 GMT
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anybody know what is the function of:
>>
>>   name_$set_diru();

 set naming/working directory.

>>   name_$resolve_afayc();

 return an UID from a pathname, return info if the uid is not
available.

Those won't help too much.

>> I am trying to implement a command that does something similar to the
>> builtin 'rootnode' in csh and I cannot get it to work.
>> I would appreciate any information about the arguments/function.

Sounds to me that you can do that into a shell like program who can
interpret the '/' as anything it wants to, but you won't be able to
change the meaning of '/' for programs running in the shell after
executing your code. This is why rootnode is a builtin command.

	Yves Mathys
	Motorola Inc/Sector CAD
	mathys@ssdt-tempe.sps.mot.com