[comp.sys.apollo] word wrap & NFS 2.2

akatz@brl.mil (Alan Katz ) (06/22/91)

Some time ago, somewhere, there was a man page for the DM ww ( undocumented)
command printed. If someone has it could they please post it or e-mail it to me.

I would also like to make a comment about NFS 2.2. It's a disaster. I was unable
to run mountd on most of my nodes (3000s,3500,4500,2500). It would bomb out. I
did get it to start on on of the 3000s and when I tried to mount the file system
on our Alliant FX80 it crashed the FX80. I had been running NFS 2.1 with no
serious problems.

Thanks,
Alan
akatz@watertown-emh1.army.mil
--
Alan H. Katz,     Army Materials Technology Laboratory, Watertown, MA 02172
			akatz@watertown-emh1.army.mil

stluka@software.org (Fred Stluka) (06/25/91)

In article <735@aos.brl.mil> akatz@brl.mil (Alan Katz ) writes:

> Some time ago, somewhere, there was a man page for the DM ww ( undocumented)
> command printed. If someone has it could they please post it or e-mail it to me.

I don't have the man page, but here are the notes I kept
when I learned about it:

     WW is an undocumented DM command:
     -ON   Turn on word wrap and set column at current right margin
     -OFF  Turn off word wrap
     -C nn Turn on word wrap and set column at specified value
     -A    Wrap selected region
     -I    Report current column setting

--Fred
--
Fred Stluka                              Internet: stluka@software.org
Software Productivity Consortium         UUNET:    ...!uunet!software!stluka