[comp.sys.apollo] DSEE mailing list

andyg@crash.cts.com (Andy Guevara) (06/19/91)

Please pardon my ignorance, but I have seen reference in this newsgroup
to a mailing list for DSEE. Could some kind soul tell me how to get on
this list?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

thompson@PAN.SSEC.HONEYWELL.COM (John Thompson) (06/20/91)

> Please pardon my ignorance, but I have seen reference in this newsgroup
> to a mailing list for DSEE. Could some kind soul tell me how to get on
> this list?
Sure.  (If you have the DSEE 4.0 release notes, this info is on pages 15-16.)

- your full name, organization name, and electronic mail address to this
- network address:
-         info-dsee-request@apollo.hp.com
- If your request is successfully processed, you will receive a confirmation
- message
-
- If more than two users at your site want to join the list, we suggest that
- only one user join the list, and distribute postings to the reso of the
- users at your site.
-
- Post submissions to this network address:
-         info-dsee@apollo.hp.com
- If you can't reach this address from your site, contact your local network
- expert to determine an alternative path.
or the other.

I have since posted two questions to info-dsee (this one makes 3).  The other
users have not seen those mail messages, nor have they seen _ANY_ activity
on the info-dsee mailing list in the last few weeks.  I therefore have doubts
as to whether this is being monitored, looked at, taken care of, etc.

This message is being sent to the comp.sys.apollo newsgroup, to the info-dsee
mailing-list group, and to the info-dsee-request mailing-list-request point.
I know it will get to comp.sys.apollo.  If _ANYONE_ sees it on the DSEE mailing
list, or if anyone at HP/Apollo looks at the info-dsee-request mail, could
they PLEASE tell us????

-- jt --
John Thompson
Honeywell, SSEC
Plymouth, MN  55441
thompson@pan.ssec.honeywell.com

Avoid the rush -- Procrastinate Now!

philip@cel.cummins.com (Philip D. Pokorny) (06/20/91)

Alek Komarnitsky (alek@spatial.com) writes:
> In article <9106172034.AA05178@pan.ssec.honeywell.com> thompson@PAN.SSEC.HONEYWELL.COM (John Thompson) writes:
> >I tried placing this to the HP/Apollo info-dsee mailing list, and didn't
> >see it.  I'll try it again, and also post to comp.sys.apollo ....
>
> Ummmm, we signed up for the DSEE mailing list a while ago as described on
> page 15 of the March 4, 1991 Release Notes. We received a couple of messages,
> but then absolutely nothing for the last several weeks.
> I then sent E-mail to info-dsee-request@apollo.hp.com (cc'ed to info-dsee)
> asking if anyone was alive out there. Zip response.
>
> Is anybody actually using the info-dsee E-mailing list?
> Great idea HP/Apollo, but what happened?

As I understand it, the DSEE mailing list is being maintained by
a person 'lubkin@apollo.hp.com <David Lubkin>??' at Apollo...
The info-dsee-xxx is an alias for his account or is a holding
account...  There does NOT appear to be an automated mail
reflector for that account...  Thus mail sent to the DSEE mailing
list doesn't get reflected immediately, but instead waits until
this person at Apollo has a chance to read the questions and get

Perhaps someone on the Apollo mailing list could supply Apollo
with the commands and setup to automate the mail reflection
process...??
Sincerely,
Philip D. Pokorny
philip@cel.cummins.com
:)

lubkin@apollo.hp.com (David Lubkin) (06/24/91)

INFO-DSEE is a mailing list for DSEE users to exchange information amongst
themselves.  HP employees will occasionally post.  It is separate from
comp.sys.apollo since many DSEE users do not have newsgroup access at their
sites.

INFO-DSEE traffic has always been light.  It's picking up now that V4 is
out, but you can expect spurts until the volume picks up.  The recent lull
was due to my recent trip to Norway for the Third International Workshop on
Software Configuration Management.

INFO-DSEE is a moderated list.  All mail goes through me so that I can make
sure that no proprietary information is going out, either from a DSEE beta
site or from within HP.  Apart from that, all mail is sent on as is.

-- David Lubkin

   lubkin@apollo.hp.com

reesd@gtephx.UUCP (David Rees) (06/26/91)

andyg@crash.cts.com (Andy Guevara) writes:

>Please pardon my ignorance, but I have seen reference in this newsgroup
>to a mailing list for DSEE. Could some kind soul tell me how to get on
>this list?

>Thanks in advance.

>Andy

Please post the response...

Thanks-
	-dave

--
David G. Rees Jr., AG Communication Systems, Phoenix, AZ
UUCP: ...!{ncar!noao!asuvax | uunet!zardoz!hrc | att}!gtephx!reesd

andyg@crash.cts.com (Andy Guevara) (06/29/91)

For those who missed it, this is the reply I got last week:

If you have the DSEE 4.0 release notes, this info is on pages 15-16.
your full name, organization name, and electronic mail address to this
network address:
          info-dsee-request@apollo.hp.com
If your request is successfully processed, you will receive a confirmation
message.

If more than two users at your site want to join the list, we suggest that
only one user join the list, and distribute postings to the rest of the
users at your site.

Post submissions to this network address:
           info-dsee@apollo.hp.com
If you can't reach this address from your site, contact our local network
expert to determine an alternative path.

Thanks to John Thompson for the above information.