[comp.sys.apollo] B&W Inversion/10.3 Borrow Mode

ruben@bcstec.boeing.com (Reuben Wachtfogel) (06/28/91)

This short BORROW MODE program under 10.3 now leaves my B&W node with
an inverted color scheme BLACK->WHITE, WHITE->BLACK.  Typing
inv twice brings it back to normal.

This didn't happen under 10.1

Looking for a quick fix and thanx...

ruben@dsp35001.boeing.com

#include <apollo/base.h>
#include <apollo/gpr.h>

gpr_$offset_t           init_bitmap_size = {1280, 1024};
gpr_$bitmap_desc_t      init_bitmap;
gpr_$display_mode_t     mode = gpr_$borrow;
gpr_$plane_t            hi_plane_id = 0;
status_$t               status;

main ()
{
  gpr_$init(mode,
          (short)1,
          init_bitmap_size,
          hi_plane_id,
          &init_bitmap,
          &status);

  gpr_$terminate ( true,
                   &status);
}

kerr@tron.UUCP (Dave Kerr) (06/30/91)

In article <998@bcstec.boeing.com> ruben@bcstec.boeing.com (Reuben Wachtfogel) writes:
>This short BORROW MODE program under 10.3 now leaves my B&W node with
>an inverted color scheme BLACK->WHITE, WHITE->BLACK.  Typing
>inv twice brings it back to normal.

This is a known bug with 10.3 and there's a patch out
to correct it. I don't recall the number, but it is
present on the may patch tape (as well as the june).

I haven't applied the patch, so I can't say whether it
really works or not.

BTW: A cntrl-F will refresh the DM windows and restore the
normal background.
--
Dave Kerr (301) 993-8554
tron::kerr                 Internal WEC vax mail