[comp.sys.sequent] Sequents in libraries

sac@well.UUCP (Steve Cisler) (09/24/87)

CLSI, Inc. is the largest  library automation company in the world,
and they are moving their software from a proprietary system on DEC's
to the Sequent (B8 and B21).  A number of libraries have ordered these
new systems including  Contra Costa County near San Franciso, CA;
Clark Co, Nevada; Cal. State U. Chico, an educational consortium
in Texas and a couple of other places.  Since this is a very new
venture for many libraries (and for CLSI) I'll try to post my
impressions of how the installation and startup are working.  Any
comments or questions are most welcome.

Steve Cisler, Contra Costa County Library, 1750 Oak Park Blvd.,
Pleasant Hill,CA 94523   415/944-3430.

kelley@clsib21.UUCP (10/01/87)

In article <4025@well.UUCP>, sac@well.UUCP (Steve Cisler) writes:

> CLSI, Inc. is the largest library automation company in the world,
> and they are moving their software from a proprietary system on DEC's
> to the Sequent (B8 and B21).  A number of libraries have ordered these
> new systems including  Contra Costa County near San Franciso, CA;
> Clark Co, Nevada; Cal. State U. Chico, an educational consortium
> in Texas and a couple of other places.  Since this is a very new
> venture for many libraries (and for CLSI) I'll try to post my
> impressions of how the installation and startup are working.  Any
> comments or questions are most welcome.

As Product Manager for CLSI's Sequent implementation, it's encouraging to
see others talking about our new product introduction!  As Steve points
out, many libraries have already signed up for the system (CLSI has
automated over 1300 libraries world-wide).  Beta sites will begin
installation in November.

Our experiences with the Sequent products, both the B8 and B21, and the
organization have been extremely positive.

I look forward to Steve's analysis of our progress!

Chris Kelley
Product Manager
CLSI, Inc.
320 Nevada St.