[comp.sys.sequent] When will Sequent goto 4.3 BSD?

paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (09/03/88)

Is there any chance Sequent will release a more up-to-date version of UNIX
(like 4.3, preferable 4.3-tahoe) soon?  I'm getting tired of fixing things
that I fixed under 4.2 and installing the more recent versions of programs.
Case in point, Sequent sendmail is at rev 4.12 while Berkeley has 4.59 out.
Support for BIND would be welcome as well.  Most important would be the
Karn/Van Jacobson TCP improvements.

         Paul Pomes

UUCP:     uunet!uiucuxc!paul
Internet, BITNET, CSNET: paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
US Mail:  UofIllinois, CSO, 1304 W Springfield Ave, Urbana, IL  61801

ronc@cerebus.UUCP (Ronald O. Christian) (09/07/88)

In article <197300001@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu> paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>Is there any chance Sequent will release a more up-to-date version of UNIX
>(like 4.3, preferable 4.3-tahoe) soon?  I'm getting tired of fixing things
>that I fixed under 4.2 and installing the more recent versions of programs.
>Case in point, Sequent sendmail is at rev 4.12 while Berkeley has 4.59 out.
>Support for BIND would be welcome as well.  Most important would be the
>Karn/Van Jacobson TCP improvements.

I second this.  We finally converted our Vax 11/780 to 4.3, and
now I'm considering keeping it.  :-)  Sequent needs to move on.
(SysV.3 is not my idea of "moving on", guys...)

				Ron
--

      Ronald O. Christian (Fujitsu America Inc., San Jose, Calif.)
      {amdahl, pyramid, sun, unisoft, uunet}!cerebus!ronc

      Calling all Fujitsu Usenet sites!  Contact cerebus!ronc or
      ronc@fai.com to establish uucp connection.