[comp.sys.sequent] Outta Time

michael@nacom.NACNET (Michael Hullhorst) (04/19/89)

We have recently discovered a small, but, annoying wrinkle with
the dual environments in our sequent.  It would seem that the ucb
environment understands about daylight savings time, but, the att
environment does not (:-<  This is especially annoying since we
do all of our development in ucb, but, all of the applications
are compiled and executed in the att environment. So far we haven't
found any real snags, with the exception that the time stamp in the
databases and reports are one hour off in the summer.

Since it would seem that both environments use the same system
clock we can not correct the time in one environment without
causing a problem in another.

Has anyone a solution to this?

stan@prism.gatech.EDU (Stan Corbin) (04/24/89)

In article <704@nacom.NACNET> michael@nacom.NACNET (Michael Hullhorst) writes:

>                                       It would seem that the ucb
>environment understands about daylight savings time, but, the att
>environment does not (:-<

>Has anyone a solution to this?

I think the problem is that the System V side does not understand the
recent (1987 or 1988) changes to when Daylight Savings Time begins.  It
seems to think that DST begins on the last Sunday in April rather than
the first.  I've reported the problem to Sequent, but in any case, I
think everything will be correct after next weekend.

(To Sequent: I sure hope this bug is fixed before the first Sunday in
April 1990 ...)
--
Stan Corbin
uucp: ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!stan