[comp.sys.sequent] I need a map...

dcheney@dcheney.austin.ibm.com (David J. Cheney) (09/12/89)

Two questions:
  - Will someone please post a mail route to Sequent in Portland?
  - Is there some easy way to find out this stuff?  I'm a newcomer,
    and they had no idea what I was talking about at 555-1212  ;-)

D. J. Cheney, AWD/D16, 992-2A008, 3-3799

jec@sequent.UUCP (Jim Chorn) (09/14/89)

In article <644@awdprime.UUCP> dcheney@awdprime.austin.ibm.com.UUCP (David J. Cheney) writes:

>Two questions:
>  - Will someone please post a mail route to Sequent in Portland?
>  - Is there some easy way to find out this stuff?  I'm a newcomer,
>    and they had no idea what I was talking about at 555-1212  ;-)
>
>D. J. Cheney, AWD/D16, 992-2A008, 3-3799

The directions are as follows:
From PDX airport, take I205 south bound to I84 west bound (right exit,
this takes you toward downtown Portland). Exit I84 onto I5 southbound
(left exit, follow Beaverton exit signs in the left lane). Take I5
south 1 mile to I405 (left exit again, the exit is at the tail end of a
bridge).  Take I405 3/4 mile north to Highway 26 west bound (26 is the
fourth exit once on I405 as follows 4th, 6th, and 12th ave exits on the
right). Once on 26 (26 is also called the sunset highway) proceed
west 3-4 miles and take the Cornell Road exit (Cornell exit is the
first past the Murray Road exit). Exit off 26 take a left over highway
26, Next stop light take another left. This puts you on 158th street
heading south.  You take 158th 1/4 mile (2nd stoplight) to walker road
and make another left turn. Then take the first right possible and you
are there.  You can see Sequent from the corner of walker and 158th by
looking 45 degrees left of center as you face the stoplight.

Note: From I5 north or south find I405 either direction then find
26 west and follow directions above as I5 cuts Portland in two.

--
        (( We hold these truths to be self evident, until they change. ))

        Jim Chorn                                ...!tektronix!sequent!jec
        Sequent Computer Systems                       (503)626-5700

petebob@sequent.UUCP (Pete_Bob Apple) (09/14/89)

In article <21607@sequent.UUCP> jec@crg3.UUCP (Jim Chorn) writes:
>In article <644@awdprime.UUCP> dcheney@awdprime.austin.ibm.com.UUCP (David J. Cheney) writes:
>>
>>Two questions:
>>  - Will someone please post a mail route to Sequent in Portland?
>>  - Is there some easy way to find out this stuff?  I'm a newcomer,
>>    and they had no idea what I was talking about at 555-1212  ;-)
>>
>>D. J. Cheney, AWD/D16, 992-2A008, 3-3799

<Driving directions to Sequent Hdqrs. removed...>

	There seems to be confusion over whether you wanted
	a mail route to Sequent, or a map route to Sequent...

	The mail route is:

	sequent!<user>

	sequent is connected to a great many machines such as
	tektronix, uunet, pur-ee, sun, cs.utexas.edu

	Note!  As always, the best way to get a problem fixed
	is through the mailbug system, or by contacting service.
	(Those service guys, we love'em.  :-)

	If you really want to deliver the mail by hand, you can follow
	Jim's directions.  They were accurate.  Try to avoid 4-6pm.  Rush hour.

	As to the easiest way to find out this stuff, I think you found it.  :-)

Pete_Bob
--
Pete_Bob Apple					Sequent Computer Systems
sequent!petebob					15450 S.W. Koll Parkway