[comp.sys.sequent] Dynix 3.0.17 - Opinions?

brsmith@cs.umn.edu (Brian R. Smith) (04/11/90)

Anyone done a 3.0.12 -> 3.0.17 upgrade yet?  Any gotchas?

I'm going to have to do it sooner or later, but I'd like to hear some
opinoins first.  Is is likely to be an hour, an evening, or a weekend?

Take care,
Brian
brsmith@cs.umn.edu

revell@uunet.UU.NET (James R Revell Jr) (04/12/90)

In article <1990Apr10.202813.1962@cs.umn.edu>, brsmith@cs.umn.edu (Brian R. Smith) writes:

> Anyone done a 3.0.12 -> 3.0.17 upgrade yet?  Any gotchas?
>
> I'm going to have to do it sooner or later, but I'd like to hear some
> opinoins first.  Is is likely to be an hour, an evening, or a weekend?

We're currently running with 3.0.17.9

We got the it working around 3/29, the day before we were to switch
back from the Pyramid MIServer we run using to our Symmetry.

We had a number of problems at first getting it to run at all, but then
we've got a lot running on it (ok, so you could say we're abusing it).
There are a few problems we've noticed so far, but it seems to be okay.

I wasn't the one lucky enough to fool with the upgrade :-)  You may
be able to get some more useful info out of asp@uunet.uu.net who did
all the hair pulling
--
	-- revell@uunet.uu.net (James Revell, /8^{~ )