[comp.sys.sequent] 16MB limit in Dynix 2.1.1

pen@lysator.liu.se (Peter Eriksson) (05/22/90)

Is it possible to change any parameter and rebuild the Dynix 2.1.1
kernel so that the 16MB user memory limit can be set to 256MB? We're
having some trouble with gcc getting a "virtual memory exhausted" error
when doing an optimized compile on some of it's large sources...

The machine is a Balance 8000, with 12 cpu:s and 10MB of memory.

Peter Eriksson
--
Peter Eriksson                                              pen@lysator.liu.se
Lysator Computer Club                             ...!uunet!lysator.liu.se!pen

ianj@sequent.UUCP (Ian Johnstone) (05/27/90)

In article <24@lysator.liu.se> pen@lysator.liu.se (Peter Eriksson) writes:

>Is it possible to change any parameter and rebuild the Dynix 2.1.1
>kernel so that the 16MB user memory limit can be set to 256MB? We're
>having some trouble with gcc getting a "virtual memory exhausted" error
>when doing an optimized compile on some of it's large sources...
>
>The machine is a Balance 8000, with 12 cpu:s and 10MB of memory.

Peter the limitation isn't with the OS it is with the NS32032 chipset
that is used in hte balance series.
--
Ian Johnstone				uunet!sequent!ianj
Sequent Computer Systems		503-626-5700