[comp.sys.sequent] Application Help

brando@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (06/27/90)

I need a little help....

I basically am a "techee" and know nothing of the applications side, but since
I was stuck in the "Joe Manager" job, I am in charge of finding worthy
applications for our Sequent S81 for administration. Basically I am looking
for a spreadsheet and a database manager for our S81, and I was wondering if
anyone had any recommendations?? I have checked into the pricing of all and
it is all about the same price, so I really am stuck as far as a decision.

My preliminary guess is a product called UniPlex II+ which combines all of
the above and a word processor. Any Yea/Neas????

Thanks for any miniscule bit of help you can lend!!

Brando

|  Brandon Brown                     | Internet: brando@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu    |
|  Coordinated Science Laboratory    | UUCP:	 uiucuxc!addamax!brando!brown |
|  University of Illinois            | CompuServe: 73040,447                  |
|  Urbana, IL  61801                 | GEnie:    macbrando                    |

csx040@cck.cov.ac.uk (Alan Chantler (CS)) (07/02/90)

In article <51300001@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu> brando@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu writes:

>I need a little help....
>
>My preliminary guess is a product called UniPlex II+ which combines all of
>the above and a word processor. Any Yea/Neas????

	We are using UNIPLEX II+ here at Coventry (centre of UK!).

	You could do a lot worse.

>Thanks for any miniscule bit of help you can lend!!

	You're welcome!
--
AlanC@coventry.ac.uk				| Post: Coventry Polytechnic
JANET: AlanC@uk.ac.coventry			|	Priory Street