[comp.sys.sequent] only one DCC on an S27?

kai@sp1.csrd.uiuc.edu (Kuck And Associates) (07/25/90)

Is it still true that Sequent has a limit of ONE DCC disk controller on
an S27 (small cabinet) system?

	Patrick Wolfe   (pat@kai.com, kailand!pat)
	System Programmer/Operations Manager, Kuck & Associates
	"Any opinions expressed are my own, not my employers's.
	 Please don't call my boss and complain ... again."

pmabon@oracle.com (Pamela Mabon) (07/26/90)

In article <1990Jul25.155726.4272@csrd.uiuc.edu> kai@sp1.csrd.uiuc.edu (Kuck And Associates) writes:
>Is it still true that Sequent has a limit of ONE DCC disk controller on
>an S27 (small cabinet) system?
>
>	Patrick Wolfe   (pat@kai.com, kailand!pat)
>	System Programmer/Operations Manager, Kuck & Associates
>	"Any opinions expressed are my own, not my employers's.
>	 Please don't call my boss and complain ... again."

No it is not true, I currently have 2 DCCs in one of my S27s.  It does require
modified DCC and OK power supplies.  If you call your sales rep or local
FE he/she should be able to set you up with the "upgrade kit".

FYI I haven't loaded the system with all 8 trays as they haven't been
available for one reason or another.  So I cannot with any honesty swear that
the system won't start smoking when they all get plugged in, but if you're
interested and patient (like about 3 weeks worth of patient) I'll let you
know after I have them installed.  (Read lots of :^) here 'cuz I'm very
confident it will be just fine)

Pam