[comp.sys.sequent] Building Motif on Sequent Symmetry

ajt@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Andy Thomas) (05/25/91)

I have been trying to build Motif on a Sequent Symmetry.  The libraries
compile ok, but any programs I try to run (even a 10 line program) abort
with various X errors.  I was able to build Motif on a Sun 3 with the same
sources and it works fine.  I have built X11R4 on both the sun and sequent
with no problems.  I have Motif 1.1.1 source.  I have applied mit patches
1-18 and osf patch 1.1.1 to my X11R4 sources.

Has anyone sucessfully built motif on a sequent?  What did you have
to change?  What did your sequent.cf and site.def files look like.
Any help/hints would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Andy Thomas
ajt@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

sellenti@incas.informatik.uni-kl.de (Uwe Sellentin) (05/25/91)

ajt@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Andy Thomas) writes:
>Has anyone sucessfully built motif on a sequent?  What did you have
>to change?  What did your sequent.cf and site.def files look like.

I'm using Motif 1.1 on a Symetry running Dynix 3.0.17.11 without any
problems. My sequent.cf looks like the following :

SYSLIBS= -lXt -lX11 -lc /usr/att/lib/libc.a
#define OSName            DYNIX
#define OSMajorVersion    3
#define OSMinorVersion    0

#define BuildServer NO

#define OptimizedCDebugFlags     -O -W0,-Nd10000,-Nn5000
#define ExtraIncludes   -I/usr/include -I/usr/att/usr/include
#define StandardDefines -DSYS_DIR -D_NO_PROTO

#define HasVoidSignalReturn NO
#define HasBsearch NO
#define HasNdbm NO
#define HasPutenv NO
#define DONT_USE_DES YES

#define ExtraLoadFlags -lseq

Note that Motif is compiled in the Berkeley-Universe with the SVAE-C-Compiler
V1.8.0. You also need some includes and libraries from the att-Universe.
I've changed nothing in my site.cf.

Hope that will help you

Uwe
  Uwe Sellentin,  FB Informatik,  University of Kaiserslautern (Germany)
				  Post-Box 3049, D-6750 Kaiserslautern
  MAIL:	sellenti@informatik.uni-kl.de	PHONE: (germany) 0631 / 205 - 3296