[comp.sys.pyramid] Pyramid User's Group

mckenney@sri-unix.UUCP (06/30/87)

As president of the Pyramid User's Group, I would like to extend an invitation
to you to join us.  PUG's main purpose is communication:

	o	Among the members (hints, experience with software packages,
		solutions to problems, the PUG library tape, etc.).

	o	From Pyramid to PUG (future directions, announcements, etc.).

	o	From PUG to Pyramid ("wish lists" of desired enhancements,
		bug lists, etc.).

PUG meets twice a year at Usenix/Uniforum.

The library tape contains many useful programs already compiled for Pyramids,
including:

asciibin - a pair of simple file compression programs
cc68 - 68000 cross compiler system.
compress - compress files to save space (Versions 3.0 & 4.0 avail.)
cpp - (from mod.sources V1) C pre-processor suitable for use with Decus C
daytime - print time and date in specified formats
del - safe version of rm - allows restoration of files
dirtree - display directory in graphical manner
getpaths - (from mod.sources V6) tabulate UUCP netnews pathlists
gnuemacs - system file editor version number 17.57
grotwin - runs windows on standard terminals
kermit - microcomputer/mainframe file transfer program
sendmail - (from mod.sources V1) GaTech Sendmail configuration
uuque - (from mod.sources V1) a uuwizard's utility for uucp queue snooping
vcal - a visual calendar/event planner
xmodem - file transfer protocol for microcomputers and mainframes

This is a very small subset, send me e-mail if you want the full list.

If you are interested in joining, print out the form below, fill it out,
and send it in!
			Thanx, Paul

APPLICATION FOR PYRAMID USERS GROUP MEMBERSHIP

Please return this form with payment ($150 in US funds) to

	Catherine Beste
	Secretary, Pyramid Users Group
	The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
	P.O. Box 2316
	Princeton, NJ 08543-2316

Organization/Company:_______________________________________________

Address:____________________________________________________________

City:_______________________________________________________________

State:______________________________________________________________

If membership is institutional

	Name of Representative:

	Address of Representative:

	Zip Code:

	__________________________
	Telephone Number:

	__________________________

	Email Address:

Please enclose a check payable to Pyramid Users Group for $150 (Institutional)
or $20 (Individual).  Payment must be in United States dollars (sorry, but
the banks charge us a considerable amount to convert foreign checks to US
dollars).

NOTES:  1. Organization/Company and representative names for for Pyramid
		Users Group use only and will not be distributed.
	2. Individual membership at $20 does not carry voting privileges
		and does not include the $50 fee for access to the
		Software Library administered by Rutgers University
	3. Please direct questions to Catherine Beste, 609-452-8701.

postmaster@pyrnj.UUCP (06/30/87)

From: rutgers!unix.sri.com!mckenney  (Paul E. McKenney)

bob%tut.cis.ohio-state.edu@osu-eddie.UUCP (Bob Sutterfield) (06/30/87)

In article <4180@sri-unix.ARPA> mckenney@unix.sri.com (Paul E. McKenney) writes:

>The library tape contains many useful programs already compiled for
>Pyramids, including:
>gnuemacs - system file editor version number 17.57

The current version of the GNU Emacs text editor (what is a system
file editor, anyway?)  is 18.47.  It has many more features and many
fewer bugs.  You may want to get an up-to-date copy for the library
tape.
-=-
 Bob Sutterfield, Department of Computer and Information Science
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277
 bob@ohio-state.{arpa,csnet} or ...!cbosgd!osu-eddie!bob
 soon: bob@aargh.cis.ohio-state.edu

postmaster@pyrnj.UUCP (07/01/87)

From: rutgers!ohio-state.arpa!bob@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu  (Bob Sutterfield)

trudel@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan D.) (07/04/87)

> >gnuemacs - system file editor version number 17.57
> The current version of the GNU Emacs text editor (what is a system
> file editor, anyway?)  is 18.47.  It has many more features and many
> fewer bugs.  You may want to get an up-to-date copy for the library
> tape.

A system file editor edits files on a computer system :-) (btw,
it allows you to edit binaries as well as text).

I am the one who put the tape together.  When I did, there was only a
beta verson of gnu release 18.  I opted for version 17 because it was
guaranteed to work.  Version 18 (or whatever the latest version is at the
time I make tape 2) will be included in the next tape.

Questions are always welcome.

						Jon
--
Sometimes a fish needs a bicycle...