[comp.sys.pyramid] New Pyramid Memroy

Chuck_SirVAX_Staatse@cup.portal.com (02/03/88)

                 NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT
             FOR PYRAMID TECHNOLOGY COMPUTERS
                     January 26, 1988

The first 8MB and 32MB memory boards ever produced for
Pyramid computers are among four new add-in memories
introduced by Dataram Corporation.  The DR-900 boards, also
available in 4MB and 16MB capacities are priced at least
30% less than comparable Pyramid products.  The memory is
fully compatible with all Pyramid processors, including the
RTP Series, and comes with a Lifetime Warranty.

Using state-of-the-art ZIP packaged RAMs, Dataram's DR-900
boards feature improved slot efficiency, greater
reliability and reduced power consumption.

Dataram provides an on-board Enable/Disable switch for
troubleshooting purposes.  This switch allows for the
electrical disabling of memory without having to actually
remove the board.  Taking memory off-line when servicing
the system eliminates any possible confusion over the
source of a problem.

Along with the lifetime warranty, Dataram offers an express
spares program, service call reimbursement, and a risk free
trial period.

For more information, contact Dataram at 800-822-0071, or
609-799-0071.  Dataram Corporation, P.O. Box 7528,
Princeton, NJ, 08543-7528.

csg@pyramid.pyramid.com (Carl S. Gutekunst) (02/04/88)

In article <2910@cup.portal.com> Chuck_SirVAX_Staatse@cup.portal.com writes:
>The DR-900 boards, also available in 4MB and 16MB capacities are priced at
>least 30% less than comparable Pyramid products.  The memory is fully
>compatible with all Pyramid processors, including the RTP Series, and comes
>with a Lifetime Warranty.

Totally cool.... there are enough Pyramids out there now to support PCMs....
Does this mean we're a real computer company now? Or are we still just "DEC's
major nuisance competitor?" (Datapro said that, not me.) Now, if I can only
convince my department to buy eight 32Meg boards for the development system,
I'll *finally* have enough memory.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

[Not the opinions of my employer, obviously.]

<csg>

bob@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) (02/06/88)

In article <14323@pyramid.pyramid.com> csg@pyramid.pyramid.com (Carl S. Gutekunst) writes:
>Now, if I can only convince my department to buy eight 32Meg boards
>for the development system, I'll *finally* have enough memory.

Hmmm, I wonder how fast I could compile, say, MH or GNU Emacs or KCL
or MIT C Scheme or all the X clients or the latest kernel or... if my
development filesystem was an in-memory partition?  Putting the first
5 Mb of /tmp there is nice, but how about the entire source to
whatever I'm working on?  The mind boggles.
--
 Bob Sutterfield, Department of Computer and Information Science
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277