[comp.sys.pyramid] New telnet for Pyramid

romain@pyrnj.uucp (Romain Kang) (07/27/88)

In <14237.8807241341@eik.II.UIB.NO> Jan Henriksen writes:
> I have heard rumours that Pyramid is running a new Telnet
> made by Charles Hedrich, which should be a great improvement
> on the old BSD telnet.

Correct.  A future release of OSx will include telnetd in the kernel.
This is based on the telnet state machine implemented by Chuck Hedrick
of Rutgers, which in turn is a departure from work originally done at
NYIT by Rick Ace (if memory serves).

> Can anyone confirm/deny this? If it exists, when will it become
> generally available?

It should be an integral part of the next release after OSx 4.4.  I
believe that it may be made available as a 4.4 PTF, though I don't know
how difficult this is.  If you want it, ask your tech support people --
the more customers ask for it, the higher the priority it will get.