[comp.sys.pyramid] X Window System on Pyramid

gregg@jcricket.ctt.bellcore.com (Victor Scott Gregg) (02/25/89)

Has anyone had any sucess porting the X Window System to Pyramid ?

We have bought quite a few Pyramid MIPS over the last few years,
and now that we are preparing to integrate X terminals such as
the NCD16 into our development environment, this looks like the
best place to run Xclients.

Does pyramid have any plans to support the standard X11 distribution
in the near future?

Thanks In Advance,
Victor S. Gregg       gregg@ctt.bellcore.com     _   _        _  _   _   _
444 Hoes Ln (1C-206)  uunet!bellcore!ctt!gregg  |_| |_ |  |  |  | | |_| |_
Piscatway, NJ 08854   (201) 699-4596            |_| |_ |_ |_ |_ |_| | \ |_
Standard Disclaimer: M Y opinions only, N O T those of my employer.

hedrick@geneva.rutgers.edu (Charles Hedrick) (02/26/89)

We run X11r3 client stuff on a Pyramid.  I don't think anything
special was done to get it to build.  If you run into trouble, I'll
forward questions to our X maintainer.

bejc@pyrnova (Brian Clark) (02/27/89)

In article <14298@bellcore.bellcore.com> gregg@jcricket.UUCP (Victor Scott Gregg) writes:

>Has anyone had any sucess porting the X Window System to Pyramid ?
Yes  - Pyramid themselves. X Window support will be part of the OSx 5.0
release in Spring 89. Bellocore are a beta site, and so will see it earlier.

>Does pyramid have any plans to support the standard X11 distribution
>in the near future?
Yes - with OSx 5.0

      -m-------   "Do you have any idea what it's like being English? Being so
    ---mmm-----   correct all the time, being so stifled by the dread of doing
  -----mmmmm---   the wrong thing. We're all terrified of embarrassment. Thats
-------mmmmmmm-   why we're all dead"

pete@sun360.Online.Nixdorf.De (pete delany) (03/20/89)

In article <Feb.25.20.57.21.1989.1086@geneva.rutgers.edu>, hedrick@geneva.rutgers.edu (Charles Hedrick) writes:
> From: hedrick@geneva.rutgers.edu (Charles Hedrick)
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.pyramid
> Subject: Re: X Window System on Pyramid (?)
> Date: 26 Feb 89 01:57:24 GMT
>
> We run X11r3 client stuff on a Pyramid.  I don't think anything
> special was done to get it to build.  If you run into trouble, I'll
> forward questions to our X maintainer.

I'm having a few problems with a few client applications porting.
Is the OSX 4.1 cmpiler ok or should I use the new OSX 4.4 compiler.
I recall that the 4.1 compiler has a problem with using the argument  'IN'
registers as scratch registers.

Pete Delaney - Nixdorf UCC	| pete@NIXCTC.DE		Prefered Addr
Loffel Strasse 3		| pyramid!nixctc!pete		UUCP from Calf
7000 Stuttgart 70		| pete@RELAY.HUJI.AC.IL		Backup Address
West Germany			| Phone: +49 (711) 7685-128