[comp.sys.pyramid] 4.3BSD Unix htable source needed

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (07/06/89)

I need the source code for htable, the program that processes the NIC
hosts.txt and outputs /etc/hosts.  There is a command -c that allows
one to specify the connected networks so gateways on that net are
included in the hosts file.  It's broken on the version I have on a
Pyramid-98x running OSx4.4c.

--Keith

csg@pyramid.pyramid.com (Carl S. Gutekunst) (07/06/89)

In article <KPETERSEN.12507601274.BABYL@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL> w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) writes:
>I need the source code for htable, the program that processes the NIC
>hosts.txt and outputs /etc/hosts.

Try uunet!~/bsd-sources/src/etc/htable.tar.Z. This runs perfectly straight off
the tape, and is included in OSx 5.0 (along with most of the rest of the 4.3-
tahoe networking utilities).

Or hassle RTOC and threaten to dump your machine in the river if they don't
give you a fix for OSx 4.4. (Note that SPRs must be priority 2 or higher to
be fixed in a PTF.) You can even tell RTOC to hassle me. :-)

<csg>

vjd@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Victoria J. Day) (07/17/89)

We are considering purchasing an 8mm tape backup system and would greatly
appreciate any advice concerning vendors. Areas of major concern- reliability,
both in the device itself and the controller board. Options-which seem to be
the most useful. Price-what is the range? Warrenty-who's are the best.
Maintenance costs ect...If you have a favorite, please let me know why.