[comp.sys.pyramid] uucp file creation in att universe

news1@texbell.swbt.com (Greg Hackney) (08/21/89)

There seems to be a bug in the att universe. When
you try to send a file into a Pyramid by use of the
"uuto" command, it fails with "path denied" if the
directories do not exist on the Pyramid. The session
does create the directories, and subsequent attempts
using the very same command will work.

This was a problem on OSx4.1, and <csg> helped us
out with a fix. That was a long time ago, and
when we upgraded to OSX4.4, the fix was wiped
out, and I don't remember what it was. Something
to do with the mkdir command I think. Anyone remember? Carl?
--
Greg Hackney
hack@texbell.swbt.com

"In the morning, laughing, happy fish heads.
 In the evening, swimming in the stew."
     -James Jenks, Sun Microsystems

csg@pyramid.pyramid.com (Carl S. Gutekunst) (08/22/89)

In article <428@texbell.swbt.com> news1@texbell.swbt.com (Greg Hackney) writes:
>When you try to send a file into a Pyramid by use of the "uuto" command, it
>fails with "path denied" if the directories do not exist on the Pyramid.
>This was a problem on OSx4.1, and <csg> helped us out with a fix. That was a
>long time ago, and when we upgraded to OSX4.4, the fix was wiped out....

You need to get the fixed version of att mkdir; I'm pretty sure RTOC has it as
a PTF. It's only offered on request, since it's a kludge. :-( The fix was ori-
ginally done for OSx 4.4, in fact; I didn't realize you were still on OSx 4.1.
Of course, this problem was fixed permanently in OSx 5.0.

<csg>