[comp.sys.pyramid] Anyone know what "writip: bn < 0, error 69" means?

fredrick@acdpyr.ucar.edu (Tim Fredrick) (01/03/90)

Our Pyramid 90x running OSx4.4c gives us the message

       writeip: bn < 0, error 69

repeatedly to the console, usually during busier times of the day.  It
doesn't seem to affect anything - rather nothing else seems to be failing.
I didn't find any references to such an error message in any of our
documentation, so I was wondering if someone on the net had encountered this,
can tell me what it means, and perhaps offer a solution.

Thanks in advance.  --Tim

Tim Fredrick             National Center for Atmospheric Research
(303) 497-1498           Atmospheric Chemistry Division
fredrick@ncar.ucar.edu   PO Box 3000
fredrick@ncar.CSNET      Boulder, CO 80307

hoyt@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Farmer John) (01/03/90)

In article <5840@ncar.ucar.edu> fredrick@acdpyr.ucar.edu (Tim Fredrick) writes:
>Our Pyramid 90x running OSx4.4c gives us the message
>
>       writeip: bn < 0, error 69

	Yep. It means someone is going over their quota.  And there seems
	to be no way to get rid of it if you don't have sourcce.

--
John H. Pochmara				 A career is great,
UUCP: {sdsu,voder,trwind}!polyslo!hoyt		 But you can't run your