[comp.sys.pyramid] restore fix

pete@CS.UMD.EDU (Pete Cottrell) (02/15/90)

	As several people's request, I have made available the diffs to
Berkeley restore that allow it to read (on a VAX) dump tapes made with the
Pyramid dump program. This worked here to let us read dumps made under OSx 2.5;
I don't know if it can read dumps made under leter levels, but I think it
probably would be able to. For all I know the machine-independent dump/restore
available from rutgers.edu that Romain Kang mentioned might make our hacks
unnecessary, but as I said, several people have asked for the diffs.
	The file 'pyrestore.tar' is available for anonymous ftp from
mimsy.umd.edu, or I can send a sharchive file via e-mail. Credit where
credit is due: these changes were done here by Jaime da Silva (jds@cs.umd.edu).

	Pete Cottrell
	pete@cs.umd.edu or uunet!mimsy!pete

wlyle@sjuphil.uucp (Wayne Lyle) (02/15/90)

In article <9002141640.AA06587@brillig.UMD.EDU> pete@CS.UMD.EDU (Pete Cottrell) writes:

>	As several people's request, I have made available the diffs to
>Berkeley restore that allow it to read (on a VAX) dump tapes made with the
>Pyramid dump program. This worked here to let us read dumps made under OSx 2.5;

	Is there any modifications to the pyramid version of dump that allows
it to read the tapes from a Sun or Vax system ??

Wayne

zuzga@m.cs.uiuc.edu (02/17/90)

Thank you to all who responded to my original note.  I now have a version
of restore that restores Pyramid tapes onto a Sun.

Dave Zuzga.
zuzga@cs.uiuc.edu