[comp.sys.pyramid] Additional Memory for 98xe

craig@aplcomm.JHUAPL.EDU (Craig Myers) (12/06/90)

We have a 98xe with 8 megs of memory.  This was sufficient
until we recently upgraded to OSX5.0 (More on that later).
Pyramid wants too much for additional memory and keeps talking
about an upgrade.

We have heard that there are third party sources.  Does anyone
know where?  Anyone have some memory for sale or donation.

Post to net or E-mail.
Thanks

Craig Myers
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
(301) 953-6061
craig@aplcomm.jhuapl.edu

bsb@pyrnova.pyramid.com (Brian S. Brumfield) (12/21/90)

In article <326@aplcomm.JHUAPL.EDU>, craig@aplcomm.JHUAPL.EDU (Craig Myers) writes:
> We have a 98xe with 8 megs of memory.  This was sufficient
> until we recently upgraded to OSX5.0 (More on that later).
> Pyramid wants too much for additional memory and keeps talking
> about an upgrade.
>
> We have heard that there are third party sources.  Does anyone
> know where?  Anyone have some memory for sale or donation.
>
> craig@aplcomm.jhuapl.edu

	There are some third party hardware products for Pyramid's,  but there
	are a number of things to consider.

	1. Memory *is* a commodity,  hence it's seemingly excessive price.
	2. Pyramid cannot,  and will not directly support alien hardware.
		I believe that we will install it (charging for labor),  but
		support is wholly owned by the customer/vendor.
	3. Someone who has depreciated Pyramid memory arrays is probably
		your best source.  They can be put under support with little
		of no problem.

	Good luck.

--
      -m-------  Brian S. Brumfield