[comp.sys.m68k.pc] 7300 orig drive speed & AT compat.

cliff@ethos.UUCP (Cliff Elam) (05/18/87)

Three questions -

1> What is the speed of the 20M HD that comes with the PC7300?

2> How much room is left on it once you have UNIX & the development
stuff installed.

3> If (read when) I get a bigger drive (probably the 72M Miniscribe),
can I sell my old 20M'er to an PC/AT type user?  I really don't need
a 20M doorstop, thank you.

Oh, yeah, why can't you put more than one drive in a 7300? Never did hear
a good reason for that.
--
Cliff    {ihnp4,mcnc}!ethos!cliff
Increase our bandwidth: Shrink headers, use abbrev's, BAN CUTE SHIT!

lm@COTTAGE.WISC.EDU (Larry McVoy) (05/18/87)

In article <1321@ethos.UUCP> cliff@ethos.UUCP (Cliff Elam) writes:
>3> If (read when) I get a bigger drive (probably the 72M Miniscribe),
>can I sell my old 20M'er to an PC/AT type user?  I really don't need
>a 20M doorstop, thank you.

Yeah, probably.  They both are st506 drives.

>Oh, yeah, why can't you put more than one drive in a 7300? Never did hear
>a good reason for that.

Because the idiots didn't bring out the drive select lines from the disk
controller to the bus.  Jeezz...

Larry McVoy 	        lm@cottage.wisc.edu  or  uwvax!mcvoy