[comp.sys.m68k.pc] TINY GIANT

D-ROGERS@EDWARDS-2060.ARPA (10/10/87)

My system's mailer couldn't make sense of either of Dave's return
addresses, so accept my apologies for replying 0n-line.

Subject: Re: TinyGiant 68000 SBC
To: ucbcad!sbcs.Berkeley.EDU!ames!sbcs!dji@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU

Dave Iannucci, Return-Path: <ucbcad!ames.UUCP!philabs.philips.com!uucp
@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> writes:

>If anyone knows anything about the HT68K TinyGiant single board
>computer from Hawthorne Technology (Portland, OR) I would greatly
>appreciate hearing your opinion.  I am on the verge of buying it,
>and I would like to know about bugs/problems with the board or
>the software they give you with it.  It seems like a really good
>deal to me.

	When you get one, please send or post an evaluation.  I've been
looking at it too, even bought the o/s manual - seems to be an ms/dos
clone.  I'm torn between putting my $$$ into that or the Periphal Tech'y
PT68K kit that is the current Radio Electronics Magazine project, which uses
SK-DOS, another single user/task os.  Both are designed to use many low price
PC clone peripherals.
(standard disclaimers apply)			[dale]
-------
-------

D-ROGERS@EDWARDS-2060.ARPA (10/12/87)

	The PTK-n 68008 boards also run OS/9-68K.  I wonder if a port of it
will be offered for R-E project system.  A multi-user/tasking system is why
i want a 68k system in the first placeit
pit
pi