[comp.sys.m68k.pc] OS/9-68K

D-ROGERS@EDWARDS-2060.ARPA (10/15/87)

regarding:
>From: mcrware!jejones@uunet.uu.net (James Jones)
>Subject: Re: Tiny Giant vs. PT 68K-2 (actually, OS-9)

>OS-9 is definitely multitasking/multiuser.  SKDOS, as you may have seen
>for the 6800 and 6809--which evidently has been ported to the 68000.  I
>really don't understand why *R-E* has gone that route.

	I was wondering the same thing.  The original spec's for the R-E
project, back in March '87, were for OS/9 to be one of the DOS's offered.
Since it *IS* offered by Peripheral Technology for their 68008 SBC, I had
hoped (sigh) that a port would be made to their R-E project hardware.  Is
there anyone close to, or in, P-T who can shed some light on this?
			[dale]
-------